A retirement blog is a platform where people approaching or living in retirement can share their experiences, offer advice, and connect with others in similar life stages.
As retirement approaches, it is important to have a plan in place for managing your finances and lifestyle choices. Reading retirement blogs can provide valuable information and insights on how to make the most of this new stage of life.
Retirement blogs can cover a range of topics, including financial planning, budgeting, travel, health, wellness and finding purpose after leaving the workforce.
Are you looking for some great reads on retirement planning? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Here we will list some of the best blogs about retirement planning in 2022. These bloggers have a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to saving for retirement, and they are more than happy to share their advice with you. So, whether you’re just starting to plan for retirement or you’re already well on your way, be sure to check out these blogs!
What Is a Retirement Blog?
A retirement blog is a platform where people approaching or living in retirement can share their experiences, offer advice, and connect with others in similar life stages. Retirement blogs cover a range of topics, including financial planning, budgeting, travel, health, and wellness, and finding purpose after leaving the workforce. These blogs often include both written posts and videos from retirees themselves, as well as contributions from financial experts and professionals in related fields.
Many retirement blogs also have active comment sections where readers can ask questions and discuss with the author and other readers. Overall, retirement blogs provide valuable resources for those preparing for or living their retirement years.
Importance Of Reading Retirement Blogs
As retirement approaches, it is important to have a plan in place for managing your finances and lifestyle choices. Reading retirement blogs can provide valuable information and insights on how to make the most of this new stage of life. These blogs often feature interviews and advice from successful retirees, discussing topics such as investment strategies, budgeting tips, travel ideas, and choosing suitable healthcare options.
Retirement blogs can also connect readers with helpful resources, such as online tools for tracking expenses or recommended financial advisors in their area. In short, staying up to date on these blogs can positively impact one’s ability to enjoy a secure and fulfilling retirement.
Why Should You Read Retirement Blogs?
- Planning for retirement is important and there’s a lot of information in blogs out there to help you do it right.
- A lot of that information comes in the form of blogs, written by people who have been through the process and want to share their knowledge.
- Reading retirement blogs can give you insights into different aspects of the process, from saving money to picking the right investments.
- You can also learn about how other people are preparing for retirement, which might inspire you to do more or less depending on your situation
- Lastly, following retirement bloggers can keep you motivated as you move closer and closer to your golden years!
Best Retirement Planning Blogs In 2022
There’s no shortage of planning advice for retirement out there. But with so many voices giving conflicting advice, it can be tough to figure out who to trust.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best planning blogs for retirees in 2022. These bloggers have years of experience in the industry and know what it takes to retire successfully.
So, if you’re looking for the best retirement advice, be sure to check out these blogs.
Best Retirement Blogs #1: Financial Samurai
As we all know, saving for retirement can be a daunting task. From selecting the right investments to figuring out Social Security benefits, it can be difficult to navigate the world of retirement planning on your own. That’s why it’s important to have reliable resources at your fingertips, and Financial Samurai is one of the best out there.
Specializing in areas like real estate, dividend investing, and early retirement strategies, this blog offers practical advice based on personal experience. It also features insightful guest posts and good data analysis, making it a valuable resource for anyone looking to secure their financial future.
In short, if you’re looking for expert guidance on planning for retirement, Financial Samurai should be at the top of your list.
Best Retirement Blogs #2: Squared Away Blog
If you’re looking for a no-nonsense, practical resource for retirement planning, look no further than the Squared Away blog. Written by a team of esteemed researchers and authors from Boston College’s Center for Retirement Research, each blog post offers valuable insights and tips on everything from managing expenses to evaluating social security options.
The blog also features real-life success stories and interviews with financial experts to inspire readers on their journey toward retirement. Plus, with a clean layout and regularly updated content, Squared Away ensures an enjoyable and informative reading experience.
It’s clear why the blog was recently named one of Kiplinger’s “Best Money Blogs” – it truly is a go-to resource for anyone in the process of planning for retirement.
Best Retirement Blogs #3: Retirement Researcher Blog
Being prepared for retirement can be a daunting task, but the Retirement Researcher blog offers valuable insights and practical advice to help guide readers toward their retirement goals. The blog, run by researcher and financial expert Andrew G. Biggs, covers a wide range of topics related to planning for retirement, including Social Security, pensions, and saving strategies.
What sets the Retirement Researcher blog apart is its evidence-based approach to planning for retirement. The articles frequently cite research studies and provide a thorough analysis of complex issues. In addition, the website offers helpful resources such as interactive calculators for estimating Social Security benefits and income projections.
Overall, the Retirement Researcher blog is a valuable resource for those looking to make informed decisions about their retirement plans.
Best Retirement Blogs #4: Money Mustache
Are you looking for a planning blog on retirement that offers practical, innovative advice with a unique perspective? Look no further than the Money Mustache. Founded by former software engineer Pete Adeney, the blog follows his successful journey to retire at age 30 by aggressively saving and investing.
In addition to offering insights on how to save money, the blog also covers investment strategies and tackles tough topics like health insurance in retirement. What sets the Money Mustache apart from other blogs is its focus on living a frugal yet fulfilling lifestyle as opposed to simply amassing wealth. Adeney’s straightforward writing style and relatable personal anecdotes make the blog accessible and enjoyable to read.
Whether you’re just starting to think about retirement or are well on your way, the Money Mustache is worth checking out for some creative inspiration.
Best Retirement Blogs #5: Retire Early
Retirement planning can be a daunting task, but the Retire early blog offers invaluable resources for anyone looking to take control of their financial future. With practical advice on investing and saving, as well as thought-provoking discussions on retirement culture and values, this blog covers all aspects of planning for retirement.
The blog is maintained by a team of experienced financial professionals, ensuring reliable and trustworthy information. Additionally, the Retire early blog offers a community for readers to connect with and support each other in their retirement journeys.
Whether you are just starting to think about retirement or already have an established plan, the Retire early blog provides valuable insights for a secure financial future.
Best Personal Finance Blogs In 2022
If you’re looking for the best retirement blogs to follow in 2022, look no further! Here are our picks for some top blogs that will help you stay on top of your finances and make smart money decisions.
Best Personal Finance Blogs #1: Wise Bread
As a retiree, managing one’s financial resources is crucial for living out the golden years comfortably. That’s why Wise Bread is one of the best personal finance blogs for those in retirement. They offer practical and actionable advice on topics such as budgeting, investing, and maximizing Social Security benefits. Their articles are well-researched and written in an easy-to-understand manner.
In addition, they also inspire how to live a frugal yet fulfilling retirement lifestyle. Whether you’re just starting in retirement or have been enjoying it for years, Wise Bread is a valuable resource for financial planning and management.
Best Personal Finance Blogs #2: Oblivious Investor
Are you a retiree looking for accessible, reliable financial advice? Look no further than Oblivious Investor. This blog, written by Mike Piper, a CPA, and certified financial planner, offers clear and comprehensive information on everything from Social Security to investment options. In addition to easily-digestible articles, the blog also features podcasts and a newsletter for even more comprehensive planning guidance for retirees.
With years of experience helping retirees reach their financial goals, Oblivious Investor is one of the top personal finance resources for those in or approaching retirement. Plus, it’s free to access all of the valuable information on the blog – what could be better? Don’t miss out on this fantastic resource for retirees. Check out Oblivious Investor today.
Best Personal Finance Blogs #3: Personal Capital
For retirees looking to stay on top of their planning, Personal Capital is a fantastic resource. Not only does the blog provide expert insights and analysis on investment strategies, but it also has a variety of tools specifically geared toward retirement planning. From analyzing current income to tracking expenses in retirement, Personal Capital offers comprehensive solutions for retirees looking to stay financially secure.
In addition, the blog regularly updates with articles on retirement-specific topics such as Social Security strategies and long-term care planning. Overall, Personal Capital is a must-follow for any individual approaching or currently in retirement.
Best Personal Finance Blogs #4: Retirement Savvy
Retirement Savvy is a retirement blog written by certified financial planner Dan Cupo. On the blog, Dan provides readers with practical advice on how to save for retirement, invest their money, and navigate the retirement process.
Best Personal Finance Blogs #5: The Retirement Man
The Retirement Man is a retirement blog written by financial planner and author Jim Yih. On the blog, Jim provides readers with actionable advice on how to save for retirement, invest their money, and plan for a comfortable retirement.
Best Personal Finance Blogs #6: Retire by 40
Retire by 40 is a retirement blog written by financial planner Joe Udo. On the blog, Joe provides readers with practical advice on how to save for retirement, invest their money, and achieve their retirement goals.
Best Personal Finance Blogs #7: Retirement Wizard
Retirement Wizard is a retirement blog written by certified financial planner Robert Laura. On the blog, Robert provides readers with actionable advice on how to save for retirement, invest their money, and plan for a comfortable retirement.
Best Personal Finance Blogs #8: The Retirement Planner
The Retirement Planner is a retirement blog written by financial planner John Toth. On the blog, John provides readers with practical advice on how to save for retirement, invest their money, and achieve their retirement goals.
If you’re looking for the best planning advice on retirement, be sure to check out these five blogs. With years of experience in the industry, they know what it takes to retire successfully.
The Best Retirement Blogs for Baby Boomers
There are plenty of great blogs on retirement out there for baby boomers. Here are just a few of our favorites:
Best Baby Boomer Retirement Blogs #1: Retirement Reflections
This blog is written by retirees for retirees. It covers a wide range of topics related to retirement, including planning, health and wellness, travel, leisure, and more.
Best Baby Boomer Retirement Blogs #2: The Retiree Chronicles
This blog is all about helping baby boomers enjoy their retirement years to the fullest. It features articles on a variety of topics, including travel, entertainment, health, fitness, and more.
Best Baby Boomer Retirement Blogs #3: Retirement Living Tips
As the name suggests, this blog is full of tips and advice for those who are looking to make the most of their retirement years. It covers topics like travel, finances, health, fitness, and more.
Best Baby Boomer Retirement Blogs #4: Boomer Retirement
This blog is geared specifically toward baby boomers who are nearing retirement age. It includes articles on a variety of topics related to retirement planning, including investment strategies, health care, Social Security, and more.
Best Baby Boomer Retirement Blogs #5: Retirement Blog
This blog is a great resource for baby boomers who are looking for retirement planning advice and information. It covers topics like saving for retirement, investing for retirement, health care in retirement, and more.
Before Retirement, Financial Planning Has Many Benefits
- Peace of mind: One of the most important benefits of planning is the peace of mind it can bring. Knowing that you have a plan in place to help support yourself during retirement can be a huge weight off your shoulders and allow you to enjoy your retirement years much more.
- Less stress: Another great benefit of planning is that it can help to reduce the amount of stress you feel about your finances. When you have a plan in place, you can feel confident that you are on track to reach your financial goals and can relax a bit more knowing that everything is under control.
- More confidence: Along with less stress, having a financial plan can also give you a boost of confidence. If you have been feeling insecure about your finances or worried about retirement, creating a plan can help you to feel more confident and in control.
- Better sleep: One surprising benefit of planning is that it can help you to sleep better at night! When you are stressed about money, it can be tough to get a good night’s sleep. But when you have a plan in place, you can rest easy knowing that your finances are taken care of.
- More time to enjoy life: One of the best things about planning is that it can give you more time to enjoy life. If you are constantly worrying about money, retirement, or other financial matters, you are not going to be able to enjoy your life as much as you would like. But with a plan in place, you can set those worries aside and focus on enjoying the present moment.
Which Retirement Blog Is Right for You?
With so many blogs on retirement out there, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. However, there are a few key factors that can help you narrow down your options. If you’re looking for financial freedom, then you’ll want to find a blog that focuses on financial independence. This means finding a blog that covers topics like investing, saving, and budgeting.
If you’re looking to retire sooner rather than later, then you’ll want to look for a retirement savings blog. This type of blog will cover topics like how to save money, how to invest your money, and how to make the most of your retirement savings. By taking the time to figure out what you’re looking for in a retirement blog, you’ll be able to find the perfect one for you.
Tips To Secure Your Retirement Income
With the retirement landscape changing rapidly, it’s more important than ever to take control of your income after retirement. Here are five tips to help you secure your retirement:
- Plan and start early: the earlier you start saving for retirement, the more time your money has to grow. retirement accounts. You can also take advantage of retirement planning tools and calculators to see how much you need to save based on your retirement goals.
- Diversify your retirement accounts: Retirement accounts will help ensure that you have a steady stream of income in retirement. Consider diversifying your retirement portfolio with a mix of stocks, bonds, and other investments.
- Review your retirement accounts regularly: As you approach retirement, it’s important to review your retirement accounts to make sure they are on track. This includes looking at things like fees, investment mix, and performance. You may also want to consider consolidating multiple retirement accounts to simplify things.
- Use financial tools to plan for retirement income: There are many financial tools available to help you plan for income, including social security calculators and income planning software. These tools can help you understand how much income you’ll need in retirement and how to best generate that income from your retirement accounts.
- Seek professional advice from a wealth management firm: A wealth management firm can provide expert guidance on all aspects of retirement planning, including how to generate income from your retirement accounts. They can also help you develop a comprehensive wealth management strategy that includes things like estate planning and tax planning.
7 Scientifically-backed Ways to Find a Frugal Lifestyle in Retirement
- Make a plan: It’s important to have some sort of retirement plan, even if it’s just a loose idea of what you want to do with your time. Having a plan gives you a sense of purpose and can help you stay motivated.
- Stay active: Retirement is often seen as a time to take it easy and relax, but research has shown that staying active and engaged can lead to a happier retirement. There are many ways to stay active, both mentally and physically.
- Socialize: Spending time with friends and family is one of the best ways to find life satisfaction in retirement. Whether you stay in touch via social media or in person, staying connected with loved ones can help you feel happier.
- Find a hobby: Doing something you enjoy can be a great way to find satisfaction in retirement. Whether it’s playing sports, gardening, or volunteering, finding activities that make you happy can help fill your time in retirement.
- Stay mentally active: Just because you’re retired doesn’t mean you have to stop learning. Keeping your mind active can help you stay sharp and improve your mood. There are many ways to stay mentally active, including reading, doing crossword puzzles, and taking classes.
- Get enough sleep: Getting enough rest is important at any age, but it’s especially crucial in retirement. retirees often find that they have more time for sleep and that their sleep patterns change. It’s important to get enough rest so you can enjoy your retirement to the fullest.
- Eat healthily: Eating a healthy diet is important at any age, but it’s especially crucial in retirement. retirees often find that their appetite decreases and that they need to be more careful about what they eat. Eating healthy foods can help you maintain your energy levels and avoid health problems.
So, whether you are just starting to think about retirement or have already retired, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest news and advice in the world of retirement planning. Check out our other blogs for more information about everything from securing your retirement income to finding a frugal lifestyle in retirement. And as always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!
Table of Contents
- What is a retirement blog?
- Importance of reading retirement blogs
- Why should you read retirement blogs?
- Best retirement planning blogs in 2022
- Best personal finance blog in 2022
- The best retirement blogs for baby boomers
- Before retirement, financial planning has many benefits
- Which retirement blog is right for you?
- Tips to secure your retirement income
- 7 scientifically-backed ways to find a frugal lifestyle in retirement
- Final Words